The first thing you'll need to do is create your free AddShoppers account, which you'll be using in the steps below.
Social Analytics Installation
- Find the footer.tpl file in themes/prestashop.
- Copy and paste your Social Analytics code at the bottom of the file, just above the closing </body> tag.
Sharing Buttons Installation
- Find the product.tpl file in themes/prestashop.
- Select your desired sharing buttons in your AddShoppers dashboard.
- Copy and paste the code for your button(s) where you want the button(s) to appear.
ROI Tracking Installation
- Find the OrderConfirmationController.php file in Controllers/OrderConfirmationController.php.
Copy and paste this code at the end of the "process" function:
$cart = new Cart((int)($this->id_cart)); self::$smarty->assign(array( '_order' => $this->id_order, '_value' => $cart->getOrderTotal() ));
(Click to enlarge)
- Find the order-confirmation.tpl file in themes/prestashop/order-confirmation.tpl
Copy and paste your ROI Tracking code (make sure to choose PrestaShop from the dropdown menu) at the end of this file .
(Click to enlarge)
PrestaShop URLs SetupImportant: PrestaShop by default does not use SEO friendly URLs or include canonical links. This causes an incorrect URL to be shared using AddShoppers. Follow these steps to enable PrestaShop's SEO friendly URLs and canonical links.
- In your PrestaShop admin, go to Preferences -> SEO & URLs.
- Scroll down and choose "Yes" for "Friendly URL".
- Click Save.
Don't See Any Changes?If you've added the code and still don't see the sharing buttons on your site, you might need to clear out your caches.
- In your PrestaShop Admin, go to Preferences -> Performance.
- Change "Force Compile" to "Yes" and "Cache" to "No" under the Smarty settings.
- Go to your site and load a product page. You should now see the AddShoppers buttons.
- Now, go back to the Preferences -> Performance settings and change the two settings back that you did in step 2: Change "Force Compile" to "Yes" and "Cache" to "No".